The Knox-Whitley Animal Shelter is always looking for kind-hearted individuals to donate their time to help with the care of the animals housed at the shelter. Volunteers perform only the tasks that they choose. No volunteer will ever be asked to do something that makes them uncomfortable or puts them at risk of physical harm. All volunteers that donate 20 or more hours of time to the Knox-Whitley Animal Shelter will receive a Certificate of Appreciation for their generosity. Also, volunteer work at the shelter can count towards Community Service hours for those in need, such as high school and college students.
To arrange your volunteer time and duties, please contact the shelter. We’ll be glad to have you join us!
Some of the duties available to volunteers include:
- Walking dogs
- Playing with dogs or cats
- Grooming and bathing dogs or cats
- Feeding and watering the animals
- Basic landscaping and grounds cleaning
- Basic facility cleaning
- Assist with the laundry
- Basic paperwork and filing
- Giving public tours of the facility (please request to be trained)
- Other tasks based on training and experience such as helping with adoptions
- Participating in mobile adoptions